Imagine you are running a business and suddenly, a new business having the same category of goods or services opens in front of you. All your customers are going there, and you cannot earn enough to run your business.
It is a scenario of real-life businesses. It happens a lot of times, and the business owners do nothing except shut down their business.
But is it right to do so?
A big NO. Because you can create some new business strategies and still run your business, now, the question arises, i.eWhat to do in this situation.
You can create a new business appearance and run business beyond your geographical boundaries. It is possible with Google My Business(GMB).
What is Google My Business(GMB)?
Google My Business is a free service provided by Google that enables users to list their business online with Google local search results. With GMB, you can own an online presence of your business so that you can get more customer engagement. All you need to do is register your business with GMB and update some basic information about your business.
It is the core element of local SEO where your business appears when someone searches for a particular keyword that defines your business. According to the researchers, 50% of customers visit a store that has a good local search appearance.
How to Get your Company on Google?
- Go to Google My Business Website:
- Visit https://www.google.com/business/ or search Google My Business in the search bar and click on the first link.
- Now, click the “Manage Now” button.
- If you already have a Google My Business Account, you can sign in to the same.
- If you are new, you have to create an account.
- Create Business Name and Category
- Enter your business name. Your business name should be unique. If the name you chose is already taken, you will see the business below the name.
- Once you choose your business name, you need to choose your business category.
- The business category will define your business work. You can select categories like Salon, IT Security Service, Parlour, etc.
- Location of Business
- If your business has a location, tick the yes option.
- In case, if it does not exist offline, you can choose no and proceed to the next step.
- When you choose yes, enter your business location correctly because google navigations will use it to direct your business.
- If you choose no, you have to select the area or location to serve your customers.
- Personal Details Filling
- Enter your phone number, website(if any).
- If you do not have your business website, a custom website based on your business will be created automatically if you tick that option.
- Add your Services
- Now, here you have to enter the services you will provide to your customers.
- The services will be your core business services. For Example, if you run a restaurant, your core services will be food delivery, online food order, etc.
- Choose Business Hours
- Choose your business hours and Opening timing.
- Select when your business is open and when closed, along with timing.
- It helps your customers to get an estimated time to visit your store.
- Contact gateway
- If you want to receive messages via GMB, tick the option
- If you do not want GMB to receive your customers’ messages, untick the option.
- Describe your Business
- Here, you have to write a brief description of your business.
- You can write what your business is all about and what services you will offer.
- Write a description of words up to 750 characters.
- Business Photos
- Add photos of your product or photos related to your business services.
- It might help your customers feel interested and know what you exactly deal with.
- You can add your office’s front photos, your product photos, or service-related photos.
- Advertising Business
- If you want to run Google Ads to your business, click the “Claim Your Credit” option.
- You will be redirected to a new window, which will be an ad manager page.
- Set up your ad manager account and choose your budget to earn a 2000 credit reward.
- If you want to skip the ads for a while, choose the skip option followed by the continue button.
- Once you are done with 40% of the setup process of GMB, you have to now go to the dashboard.
- Here you will see an option to verify now. Click the same.
- Now, you need to enter your location and some basic details about your business.
- If your business has no physical location, you can enter the address to receive the verification code.
- After 12-5 days, you will receive a postcard having your verification code.
- Enter the code in your GMB account, and yeah, your business is live on Google.
That’s it. You have now successfully listed or created your business on Google My Business.
If you still face issues in listing your business on Google, you can contact DeviceDoctor India, and its team will help you register your business in just a few days.